Location Veldhoven, Netherlands
Experience 5-10 Experienced
Functional Area Research & Development Quality
Background Mechanics Electronics Mechatronics
Do you have practical experience with reliability engineering & qualification? Would you enjoy applying your engineering experience to state-of-the-art technology in a world-leading environment? Are you inspired to execute your ideas, then Reliability Engineering at ASML is for you the place to be.This job requires more than excellent technical ability alone, you also need the vision and to influence others without power.
The semiconductor industry represents the cutting edge of high technology. Simply to survive in this fast-moving environment, organizations must continuously innovate and re-invent their products at very high frequencies. To be a leader in this environment you must move faster and more often than anyone else. That's why at ASML we have established a culture of "green light thinking" and a "go, go, go" mentality. Everyone at ASML knows the importance of generating big ideas. Everyone knows the importance of getting those big ideas to market first. It's an adrenalin-filled atmosphere. One that must also embrace the absolute importance of system reliability. An area that is not familiar for all engineers yet, but that is changing rapidly since the customer expects this from ASML. That's why as an ASML Reliability Engineer you will not only need excellent technical skills but also the ability to network and communicate with other ASML people to keep the notion of reliability at the top of
everyone's mind. You must get involved and stay involved with new module designs and their creators, and maintain reliability issues at the level of importance they require.
* By helping to build further and maintain the ASML Design for Reliability methodology you will play a central role in continuing the commercial success of the world's leading provider of lithography systems for semiconductors. It is a commercial success that is founded on three business essentials: innovation, time-to-market, and system reliability, so your technical skills will be vital. In addition to those technical skills you will deploy your communication skills and your persistence to continuously influence others and maintain system reliability as a key performance indicator for the whole of ASML. You won't be doing this alone, but also with other sectors within ASML such as Industrial Engineering, Production and Customer Support.
For a specific subsystem and its related parts & modules / building blocks:
* Analyze field performance and lessons learned.
* Establish reliability requirement and budget breakdown.
* Define operational environment & user case.
* Perform risk analysis / FMEA together with development team.
* Identify critical parts.
* Risk retirement, including feasibility and lifetime testing.
* Reliability testing at different function levels within a subsystem.
* Reliability prediction.
* Review: design robustness.
* Bachelor and/or Master degree in mechanical engineering, mechatronics or (applied) physics, preferably with focus on reliability engineering.
* Six Sigma Green Belt certificate is a big advantage.
Priority will be given to candidates with at least two years practical experience with reliability engineering & qualification. Other candidates with a technical background and experience in Industrial problem solving, failure mechanisms and statistics are encouraged to apply. Experience in a multidisciplinary environment is an advantage.
* Analytical expert
* Driven to achieve results
* Understand change management principles
* Team worker
Context of the position
You will report directly to the D&E manager of the Development & Engineering Quality & Robust Design group. The primary internal interfaces are Project Leaders and designers from the subsystem assigned, other reliability engineers and lifetime test engineers.Within ASML, the sector Development & Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the specification, design and engineering of the ASML products.In this sector, departments such as Mechatronics, Mechanics, Electronics and Software specify, design, and qualify the various modules of the ASML products. Each department consists of discipline and function oriented groups where emphasis lies on particular competence or functions in ASML equipment.
The recruiter is Stephan Sonnemans (+31 655183097) . Please apply via our career site and upload your CV and cover letter.