Tyre Modelling Engineer
7 november 2018
TASS International (A Siemens Business) provides the industry-standard in tyre simulation models for vehicle dynamics applications. Under the brand name Simcenter Tyre, we are looking to extend our team with an experienced Engineer (Expert) to realize new functionality for the Simcenter Tyre software suite. The role requires a solid background in physics based modelling.
* As a member of the R&D team you will be developing new model features for the Simcenter Tyre suite that will be implemented by the software development team.
* You will take an active role in maintaining and expanding our tyre modelling and vehicle dynamic knowledge base.
* You will discuss with technical counterparts within TASS/Siemens as well as at our customers to create a deep understanding of their applications in order to align our model developments with their needs.
* You will (co)-author technical papers and present these at relevant conferences.
Required Background & Education:
* Education level: MSc or PhD degree in Mechanical Engineering or comparable.
* High level of expertise in system dynamics and physics based modelling.
* Knowledge of and experience with Matlab m-scripting and Matlab Simulink
* Affection with measurement, control and signal processing techniques.
* Excellent command of the English language.
Considered as strong assets:
* Expertise in vehicle dynamics modelling and/or tyre modelling.
* Expertise in polymer materials and tribology.
* Experience in working in a software product development environment.
* Experience in working in the automotive or tyre manufacturing industry.
Siemens Software offers, besides an attractive salary and benefits package, an internationally oriented and innovative high-tech environment. It is a fast growing, financially healthy company with an informal, flexible atmosphere. People working within the business unit appreciate the room for initiative and career development. We are driven by innovation and therefore management fosters the creativity of its employees. Siemens Software provides continuous training and competence development, stimulating personal development with respect to technical and/or management skills.
Siemens PLM Software is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Job ID: 87912
Organisation: Digital Factory
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time