Senior Mechanical Designer Mechatronics - Eindhoven - Noord-Brabant
Posted on november 15, 2018november 15, 2018 by romy reijnders
Does working on the most innovative project excite you like a kid in a candy shop? Do you want to make a difference to millions of human lives? Then we are looking for you. Apply now!
Philips challenges you to use your mechanical engineering expertise to model, design and implement some of the world's most innovative and complex high-tech medical systems/products. Your contribution can range from early customer contacts, project definition and concept creation to Mechatronics design of new or existing equipment and products.
Your responsibilities within this role will include:
* You will be responsible for a module or sub system of a Mechatronic high-tech medical system/product in major projects, which have a mid- to long-term character and are complex
* You are responsible for the mechanical design, detailed design, manufacturability, integration and qualification of the module or sub system
* You will use your designer skills, inventiveness and curiosity to combine novel technology with user insight
* You will closely work with the senior mechanical designer, system architect and other technical disciplines to come up with the best Mechatronic solution for the customer
Philips Innovation Services draws upon a huge range of resources and expertise to support our customers in bringing their innovations to market, as fast and as efficiently possible. Our pragmatic technology experts and consultants benefit from decades of experience supporting customers in Philips Businesses, Philips Research and hundreds of companies outside Philips. Each day brings new challenges as we work in many different projects.
The Mechatronics department of Philips Innovation Services, with approximately 150 employees, is unique in its system and product design approach, which has led to many practical solutions for our customers. Think of breakthrough solutions especially in concept creation for consumer products and healthcare system. We are active in equipment as well as sub-system design, prototyping and testing. You will be working in multi-disciplinary teams of highly skilled technical experts from both Philips Innovation Services and its customers.
* An inspiring work environment that is internationally and multidisciplinary oriented, with a variety of customers and projects
* A project-based environment where people have both advanced theoretical knowledge and the capacity to put that knowledge into practice
* Extensive opportunities for growth in technical and personal development
* Stimulating challenges across a wide range of application domains, from developing state-of-the-art consumer healthcare related products, to pioneering the latest implantable medical systems
* Job satisfaction and the chance to broaden your experience
* The opportunity to shape and grow your career will be in your own hands!
To be a successful in this role you have/are:
* A Master's Degree in Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering
* At least 10+ years' working experience and at least five years in an innovative high-tech environment
* Proven experience with designing Mechatronic high-tech medical systems or consumer related products
* Proficient in designing in 3D CAD: Pro-Engineering (CREO) or NX with Windchill Team center
* Proficient in making TPD and releasing it for production
* Able to design a product on DfX aspects in close consultation with suppliers
* Able to make a work break down and a planning for your own work
* A proven team player, taking initiative, flexible and able to work with changing views
* A customer centric attitude
* Excellent communication skills
* Able to motivate, coach and train a team of less experienced engineers and designers
* Fluently in English and preferably in Dutch as well
* Preferably fulltime (40 hours per week) available. Minimum part-time is 32 hours per week
Orion Engineering has been active in a broad spectrum of technical disciplines for 25 years, making us a reliable partner of appealing organizations in the high-tech industry. In addition to alternating projects and the opportunity to work on the latest developments in your field, Orion Engineering also offers you individual guidance. This enables you to develop you optimally and raise your knowledge to a next level.
Ben je enthousiast geworden over deze vacature? Of ben je benieuwd naar de mogelijkheden die Orion Engineering jou kan bieden? Neem dan contact op met Romy Reijnders voor een persoonlijke kennismaking door te bellen naar 06-57471026 of 040-2116777. Direct je CV mailen naar Romy Reijnders kan natuurlijk ook. Wij komen graag met je in gesprek!