Reticle Defectivity Engineer
Location Veldhoven, Netherlands
Experience 0-2 Starter
Functional Area EUV
We are strengthening the defectivity team to bring the productivity and customer product yield of our Extreme Ultraviolet (EUV) Scanners to the next level. For this we are looking for candidates that feel enthused by challenges of solving performance issues in our unique, high-tech EUV systems. Do you get excited by puzzles on nanometer scale and problems of multidisciplinary nature? Then we may be looking for you!
As a Defectivity Engineer you will analyse root causes and develop solutions for particle contamination challenges at the reticle in EUV scanners. You will formulate and verify hypotheses on the transport and deposition of these particles. This involves the effects of the EUV-plasma, electrostatics around the reticle, and chemical processes in the scanner. You will use observations and data from our scanners for this, as well as experiments set-up by you and your colleagues and numerical models.
- Thorough analysis of data of EUV scanners both on-site and at our customers. Use of the analysis as input for root cause finding, to solve problems and to improve designs.
- Design and development of experiments and supporting modelling, both in our in-house set-ups as well as in systems in factories abroad.
- Come up with means and methods to achieve results and to share conclusions and recommendations effectively with colleagues in different roles (program, other technical specialists, customer support).
- These goals are achieved in small, multidisciplinary teams.
Technical Master or PhD in experimental physics, chemistry or data-driven engineering.
Knowledge on analytical techniques.
It is a plus if you have already some knowledge about the manufacturing of semiconductor devices, plasma technology, surface science or electrostatics.
It is also an advantage if you have experience with tools like MATLAB for data-handling, techniques such as SEM asn EDX as well as with working in a cleanroom.
At least half a year of experience in working with a high-tech company, for instance in a joint project or as an internship, is required.
- You are able to work independently in a dynamic explorative environment. You are able to effectively assess a complex problem on different physical scales, from various angles, and with sometimes incomplete information.
- You have strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude. You are able to constructively discuss ideas with your colleagues.
- You are able to work in a multidisciplinary team and you transfer knowledge effectively to others. You have good communicational skills.
Context of the position
The holder of the position reports to the group leader Reticle Defectivity in the Machine Conditioning Development and Engineering Defectivity department and works simultaneously in a few multidisciplinary projects.
The group Reticle Defectivity provides solutions for defectivity for existing as well as for new EUV lithography systems.
This position includes occasional travel and requires access to US controlled technology.