Do you want to be responsible for developing powertrain technology for global OEMS’s? Then apply here for your seat behind the wheel of projectdevelopment in this field!
Modern means of transport, from passenger cars to heavy-duty road and waterborne transport have to meet increasingly strict emission regulations and greenhouse gas targets. These future challenges will be met with a range of increasingly complex powertrain technologies, ranging from novel high-efficient combustion engine concepts, including high efficient aftertreatment systems, to battery and fuel cell electrification.
An integrated development approach is necessary to maximize the overall system efficiency. In order to reduce the system development effort TNO has developed an unique methodology based on a combination of state-of-the-art testing facilities and virtual development. You will participate actively in technical projects, with main focus on real-time implementation and validation of advanced control algorithms, using rapid control prototyping tools to enable these future technological solutions.
· You have a Master’s degree or PhD in a relevant field such as electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or automotive engineering, supplemented with a preferred period of three years of relevant professional experience.
· Based on your education and professional experience you recognize the key trends and developments in powertrain technologies and recognize how to apply those to client problems.
· You have good technical knowledge and affinity with modelling of powertrain components – more specifically electrification and hybridisation of combustion engines – targeting real-time implementation of model-based control algorithms, using Matlab/Simulink. Combining this with knowledge on real-time signal processing and rapid control prototyping tools, supplied by dSPACE and/or National Instruments, etc. would be of added value.
· You enjoy developing innovative solutions to technically challenging problems and have the right mix of intellectual curiosity and pragmatism.
· You are experienced in direct interactions with (international) customers and can help translate their needs into services and solutions.
· You are an effective team player and enjoy achieving results in teams of varying composition.
· The job will require some national and/or international projects and hence you should be willing to occasionally travel to our customers.
Orion Engineering tops the list of its customers when it comes to finding the best candidates. For you, this means that there are various options to get started and work on the latest developments in your field. There is always a Business Manager to provide you with individual guidance, which allows you to develop yourself optimally and take your knowledge to the next level. Orion Engineering is thé director in shaping your career in technology optimally!