* HBO (bachelor)
Are you interested in a job that challenges you every day? As a support for mainly the sales department we are looking for a process engineer (for production automation).
Determining and documenting process solutions targeted at the demand from customers and potential customers, so that the most positive possible position can be guaranteed with regard to possible competitors, and a detailed calculation can be made. Taking into account procedures described in the VDL Steelweld quality and environmental manuals in line with ISO9001/VDA 6.4 and ISO 14001.
* Remaining aware of new developments in the areas of engineering/ lean engineering within the field and researching the extent to which these are applicable to new projects or could result in improvements to existing processes;
* Ensuring the technical translation of the customer wishes into actions and product purchases, in cooperation with the lead process engineer and/or the engineering (process) team leader;
* Sending quotation requests to suppliers;
* Evaluating quotations from suppliers in cooperation with and for the benefit of the purchasing department;
* (helping to) determine and describe process solutions (including lean process solutions) from application through to order transfer;
* Maintaining internal and external contacts, for the purpose of knowledge transfer, support and coordination regarding functionality, cost price, makeability and planning;
* Supporting program & project management and sales during visits to customers, and making offers;
* The drawing up and monitoring of the scheduling and capacity for the process assigned to him;
* Transferring the process and the accompanying information to the project engineer (team) for the implementation phase of the project;
* Managing and developing process tools.
Is required of:
* Creativity, inventiveness, flexibility and an ability to improvise;
* Being culture-aware and skilled;
* The project process within the organisation;
* Manufacturing and assembly methodologies;
* Design standards, including:
+ The environment.
+ Design for assembly, manufacturing, safety, maintenance.
* Used and new materials, and how they can be processed;
* Software packages, including but not limited to: CAD design packages (basic routines) for data processing;
* Safety requirements (including CE, customer, national and international (statutory));
* Customer requirements/ specifications;
* Sociocultural communication and reporting skills;
* Analytical capacities and insight;
* Dutch, English and German languages.
Has responsibility for:
* Determining and describing process solutions (including lean process solutions) from application through to order transfer;
* Transferring the process, with all accompanying information to the project team for the realisation phase of the project;
* Ensuring realisation of own processes;
* Quality correctness of the solutions in relation to the customer demand;
* Progress on and costs of own processes;
* Control of own process costs by working 'lean';
* Risk estimate with regard to functionality, cost price, makeability and planning.
Takes place with:
* Process ngineering team leader and programm manager with regard to periodic reporting on current processes;
* Customers regarding current application/process study (English/German);
* Project engineer, project manager and project & cost controller regarding process transfer;
* Suppliers regarding solutions and quotations (English/German);
* Process colleagues in the context of the transfer of knowledge.
* Education: A bachelor degree in mechanical engineering or comparable;
* 2 to 3 years of experience as project engineer of project designer;
* Analytical, inventive, and has good improvisational abilities;
* Good social, communication and reporting skills;
* High level of flexibility with regard to the work to be performed.
What do we offer:
* Being part of the international industrial family company VDL Groep. A company in which continuity has the highest priority; professional teamwork in an informal no nonsense environment in which open communication is very important;
* An opportunity regarding personal development and entrepreneurship;
* Excellent working conditions and career opportunities.
If you are interested and you recognize yourself in the debrided profile, please apply via the "solliciteer" button. Please add your CV as also a motivation letter.
VDL Steelweld is an internationally operating company that is active in production automation, special products, parking systems and engineering services. We design, produce and install robotic production systems offering a wide range of handling, assembly and joining technologies for industrial applications. Furthermore, we are a reliable supplier to several OEMs. We produce various products, ranging from (large) welded constructions to complex mechatronic systems and Automated Vehicles. Our main customers are within the automotive industry.
Solliciteer Meer info
040 292 50 66