Video Back Office Architect & Engineer Amsterdam
Video Back Office Architect & Engineer Amsterdam
Opleidingsniveau: HBO Dienstverband: Tijdelijk Salaris: 3500 - 5000
Over de functie
For our customer we are looking for a Senior Video Back Office Architect & Engineer with focus on ESB/Java applications (combined with video platform experience).
* As a Video Back Office Architect & Engineer you will be a key member of the CTO Video Back Office Architecture & Engineering Team and will focus on bringing our customers media products' vision to life. You will be involved in development lifecycle of the back office components from architecture and design to deployment and integration with other back-office systems and partner products. We are looking for comprehensive experience in designing and integrating new video back office components into complex video platform eco systems.
* The role is an essential part of the Entertainment back office component development cycle, whether it involves components developed in-house or externally via vendors. As part of the development process, you design and integrate individual back office components into our cusotmers video platforms, ensuring its compliance to our architecture blue print, its adherence to platform product requirements and its readiness for build and releases into countries across our customers footprint.
* Design and integrate new in-house developed micro-services and externally developed components for the video back office platform.
* Document component-level specifications.
* For externally developed components, manage the vendor on a technical level so our requirements are accurately delivered and our stake in their roadmap is safeguarded.
* For internally developed components, act as the product owner for your micro-services as part of the Agile / Scrum process.
* Write test cases for component validation.
* Participate in End to End Architecture design sessions for new features and interface with the platform product owners to understand the platform requirements.
* Share architectural design vision with both technical and non-technical team members, including fellow engineers, architects, product managers, designers and analysts.
* Execute and / or delegate testing of components and their functionality
* Write clean, well-structured specifications and designs, covering all of the functional and non-functional requirements.
* Make technical design decisions with little supervision.
* Explore new relevant technologies, techniques, frameworks, tools, methodologies and processes.
* Prepare handover documentation and trainings to train and instruct fellow engineers in your team and other teams.
* Page Break.Knowledge & Experience
Over het bedrijf
Preferred education/ qualifications:
* University degree (Bachelor or Masters) in Computer Science, Science, Mathematics or equivalent.
* Fluent spoken and written English - ideally other European languages
* Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
* At least 3 years of experience in the Cable/Telecoms/ISP industry
* Excellent understanding of video platforms and the associated back office systems
* Excellent capability to write unambiguous technical requirements that require little clarification towards vendors and developers
* Strong, hands-on experience with HTTP, HTTP/2, RESTful and SOAP APIs, XML and JSON formats
* Strong, hands-on experience with Linux and Windows based servers
* Strong analytical skills; the ability to analyze at high level but also dive into low level details
* Experience with TCP and DNS
* Experience with HTTP servers, proxies and CDNs
* Knowledge of best practices for the software development life cycle, including Agile development, testing, integration and operations
* Basic understanding of SQL (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL) and NoSQL (e.g. Cassandra, RIAK) technologies
* Basic skills to write scripts in at least one scripting language (e.g. Python, Perl, Ruby, bash)
* Basic understanding of video delivery technologies (RTSP, ABR streaming, HLS, HSS, DASH)
* Basic understanding of video protection systems (CAS, DRM)
* Basic understanding of Java development is a big plus
* Familiarity with IT systems (OSS & BSS)
* Experience with test automation is a big plus
* Effective communication skills, ability to work well in a collaborative, team environment
* Takes responsibility & feels accountable for own and team actions
* Is a strong team player
* Is confident and a credible influencer, able to command respect
* Is self-disciplined and enforces discipline within his/her teams in terms of processes and work ethics
* Must be able to work under pressure and be prepared to work outside normal working hours when necessary
* Ability to bring clarity to ambiguous situations and to act decisively
* Has a systematic, disciplined, and analytical approach to problem solving
* A technical aptitude to understand product features and functions
salary range: 4500 - 5500; depending on experience.
Wil je meer informatie of heb je vragen over deze vacature neem dan contact op met Djamila Hagemans via email@example.com.
Geplaatst: 27-03-2018 Salaris: 3500 - 5000
Specialisme: Infrastructure & Support Opleidingsniveau: HBO
Locatie: Schiphol-Rijk Ervaring: 5 tot 10 jaar
Branche: ICT Dienstverband: Tijdelijk
Salaris: 3500 - 5000
Specialisme: Infrastructure & Support
Ervaring: 5 tot 10 jaar
* Mail vacature aan jezelf
* Solliciteer direct
Solliciteer op deze functie door hierboven op 'Solliciteer direct' te klikken. In ons sollicitatieproces is een cv verplicht maar een motivatiebrief is niet nodig.
Experis is onderdeel van ManpowerGroup. We bemiddelen tussen organisaties en professionals in vaste en interimbanen. Wij hebben de overtuiging dat plezier in het werk en werken vanuit persoonlijke drijfveren, leidt tot succes. Experis verbindt de ambitie van werkgevers met de talenten van professionals. Als deze samenkomen, behalen we samen een optimaal resultaat. Dit doen we al meer dan 30 jaar met veel plezier, succes en toewijding.
Experis. A different kind of talent company.