Sr. Field Support Engineer
Senior Product Field Support Engineer
We are recruiting for a Senior Product Field Support Engineer for our NeuWave Medical, a division of Ethicon.
Ethicon-NeuWave Medical®, part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, founded by physicians and scientists, created the first intelligent ablation system and the only system that has it all. The versatile probe portfolio with multi-probe synchronized energy delivery allows physicians to tailor ablations. In addition, the 17-gauge Precision™ PR probe is the only probe available with distal energy control. The unique computer-controlled system now includes Ablation Confirmation™ software, offering the only integrated in-procedure confirmation to evaluate the technical success of your procedure.
Ethicon-Auris Health, Inc., another member of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is transforming medical intervention. By combining advancements in medical robotics, instrumentation, navigation and data science, Auris is building a platform technology capable of expanding the applicability of robotics to a spectrum of medical procedures. Learn more about Auris Health at https://www.aurishealth.com/
As part of Ethicon Service & Repair (S&R) team, the Senior Product Field Support Engineer will be mainly including but are not limited to following activities:
Ethicon medical device network support:
Leading successful network integrations between NeuWave Ablation and/or Auris devices with customer Imaging Diagnostics systems plus PACS associated, but also provide post installation support. This individual will be required to conduct customer-facing engagements remotely, while also being a strong technical presence in potentially high-stress situations. In addition will be a consulting asset for ongoing pre-sale consulting by supporting account reps and clinical specialists.
Provides frontline support by resolving customers Ethicon related problems and issues through technical expertise and troubleshooting. The role is field-based, customer-facing role that installs, services, maintains Ablation and Robotic platforms at our customer sites, primarily in the clinical environment. Uses critical thinking to resolve issues within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action to rapidly repair equipment. This is mainly home-based but could require work from Ethicon office facilities for a period and to travel mostly within the region to support customers using their technical expertise.
Your key responsibilities:
- Know & follow Ethicon QMS policies & procedures related to work activities performed within scope of responsibility
- Complete training in area of responsibility within allowed time-period. Training is required for changes in existing policies & procedures, for new assignments & for implementation of new policies & procedures.
- Onboard customer, Account rep into defined project workflow
- Team up with S&R Coordinator to synchronize and maximize common efforts with Commercial & Clinical, Field Service Engineers and NeuWave
- Be capable of managing multiple customer engagements with assistance of commercial team in a fast paced & dynamic environment
- Identify trends, customer improvement requests & complaints
- Engage with other SME resources to identify issues, workarounds & resolutions
- Engage client IT resources directly to facilitate network installations using the PACS, DICOM, and TCP/IP protocols
- Utilize (when available) "Call home" NW proprietary feature for remote troubleshooting
- Maintain installation and service configuration data
- Be an active source of ‘Design for serviceability' ideas to be raised with product support engineers
- Cooperate actively during Internal and External quality audits on S&R related requirements
- Perform service, preventative maintenance, upgrades/modifications, field actions, and installations at customer sites with minimal supervision
- Provide on-site customer repairs; responsible for delivering both timely and effective repairs
- Work closely and collaboratively with fellow Ethicon field team members, including Sales, Marketing, and Training to ensure customer success
- Perform key administrative duties accurately
- Keep accurate records of service calls, maintains inventory of service parts, tools, and test equipment.
- Follow safety practices as defined by the Company and/or the customer's site safety code
- Maintain annual training compliance to meet company, industry, and customer site requirements
We would love to hear from YOU, if you have:
Must haves: to be considered for this role, please ensure the minimum requirements are evident on your resume
- Bachelor’s Degree in electronic engineering with Information Technology orientation, or related field
- 4-6 years work experience in Medical Device industry
- 8+ years’ experience in Field Service, Technical Support, Medical Device industry highly preferred
- Experience with Electronic Documentation systems is a plus (ex. Sales Force, SAP, Service Max, etc)
- Experience with repair/development of medical device capital products consisting of equipment like: Diagnostic Imaging, Robotics, Hospital IT systems etc.
- Proficient in the use of tools and service test equipment
- Proven record of customer facing-consulting support and trainer experience
- Broad multi-functional experience across physical product and process development preferred
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills in English; French & German is a bonus
- Team player with strong ‘can do’ approach
- Customer service minded with solid consultative skills
- Curious, driven to achieve, and willing to challenge and ask thoughtful questions
- Personal computer skills, Windows suite: word processing, project planning, presentation, email and spreadsheet software
- Tool / application specific skills (i.e. transactional CRM apps: sales force, PTC, etc)
Specific knowledge of:
- IPV4, VLAN, subnetting
- DICOM/Medical Device Informatics
- Basic/Advanced concepts, terminology, configuration, and troubleshooting
- Vendor-neutral advisement on CT and PACS configuration and troubleshooting
Physical working requirements
- Has to be able to meet all hospital credentialing requirements, including background check, drug screening and certain immunizations
- Work and Remote office environment
- Ability to lift and carry a weight of up 50 pounds for a short period of time
- Ability to sit, stand and/or walk for long periods of time
Location & Travel requirements
- Location of is in Diegem, Belgium or the Netherlands
- Domestic and International travel may be required up to 50% following J&J Travel advice guidelines.
- Sometimes employees are furnished and required to wear safety gear, protective equipment, gloves that the job requires.
- Travel and work are performed under a variety of weather extremes, from wet to dry, from cold to hot.
Are you ready to make an impact?
If you want to leave your personal mark and be valued for who you are, Johnson & Johnson offers an unusual experience to professionals looking for an opportunity to work with hardworking people who share your real passion for caring in an environment that empowers you to drive your own career and that you feel you can bring your whole self to work.
We provide you an environment to fulfil your career aspirations as well as promoting your physical and mental wellbeing. You will receive a competitive compensation and benefits package as well as benefits that can be tailored to what is valuable to you throughout different stages of your life.
Ready to be part of something great? Don't forget to apply. We want YOU!
Europe/Middle East/Africa-Netherlands, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Switzerland, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Ireland
Johnson & Johnson Medical NV (7546)