Solution Design Engineer 1
To expand our Development & Solution Design team we are looking for a (Senior) Solutions Design Engineer . Do you want to get started with new and challenging projects for the leading brands worldwide and are you interested and/or experienced in developing innovative warehouse concepts, then we would like to get in touch with you!
What are you going to do?
As (Senior) Solutions Design Engineer BeNeGe (Belgium, Netherlands, Germany) you will be working in a young, dynamic international work environment. You are responsible for designing efficient and effective logistics solutions for (new) customers and delivering the corresponding cost model. You are part of the Solution Design team and work closely with colleagues from Business Development, Bid, IT, Finance, HR and Operations. In this position you report directly to the Head of Solution Design.
Your tasks consist of:
- Analyzing data and assumptions together with the customer, to a clear logistic profile;
- Brainstorming and designing an innovative supply chain solution that is relevant for every customer;
- Developing a layout design, process flows and financial investment proposals aiming for out-of-the-box, innovative and price-efficient solutions;
- The latest logistics technologies and innovations in the market
- Presenting these solutions together with your colleagues to the customer
- Leading project teams including reporting.
- You have a completed HBO or university degree in a logistical and/or technical business administration discipline;
- You have an interest in innovation, automation and robotization;
- You have knowledge of Lean and experience with complex logistic processes (mechanisation);
- You have knowledge of MS-Office and an excellent command of MS Excel. VBA and CAD is an advantage;
- You have numerical insight and analytical skills;
- You are fluent in Dutch and English.
- You have good communication and social skills.
What do we offer you?
- A salary that matches your knowledge and experience - attractive bonus scheme, lease car, laptop and smartphone;
- A position with a lot of responsibility, in which you face new challenges every day.
- An entrepreneurial, open and informal organisational culture;
- A team of enthusiastic, fun colleagues who go for the best results together, support each other where necessary and celebrate successes with each other!
- The opportunity to develop yourself, both learning on-the-job and by attending courses/training.
Your working environment
XPO Logistics offers advanced supply chain solutions for the world's most successful companies in many industries; as e-commerce, food & retail and industrial multinationals. In the BeNeNeGe region (Belgium, the Netherlands and Germany) XPO operates from 30 different locations with headquarters in Eindhoven (NL).
Every day, more than 4,500 employees give the best of themselves for the supply chain challenges of different customers; how different, challenging or specific the requirements can be. We have almost a million square metres of storage space and approximately 200 vehicles. Customer satisfaction, personal growth of employees and a safe working environment are crucial within XPO Logistics' business philosophy.
In short, this is the next place you want to work!
For more information, please contact Julia Gerrits (Corporate Recruiter), who can be reached via telephone number 088-5881000.
Apply via the button and leave your recent CV and cover letter.
Want to know more about XPO Logistics? Watch the video below or visit our website nl.xpo.com
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated