Job Title: Solution Architect
Digitalization Changes Everything , to support our growth, the Professional Services department is looking for a Solution Architect
We are recruiting for the role of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software Solution Architect representing Siemens Industry Software in the Benelux Services Team, responsible for the translation of business requirements into specific and practical application designs for the Siemens Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Software solutions in line with the customer's processes and requirements.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be working in projects on the leading edge of innovation from High tech to Submarines to domestic appliances, heavy industry or anything in between. Many of the objects we see in our daily lives are being conceived and manufactured using our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software. For more information on Siemens PLM Software products and services, visit www.siemens.com/plm.
The Solution Architect is the lead technical authority for the customer PLM solution. The role provides direction for design, deployment, testing and rollout activities either internally or at customer sites and acts as a trusted advisor to customers, providing guidance through the complexity of technical requirements and solutions.
* Undertake appropriate business process requirements gathering, solution definition and delivery, running workshops, fit/gap analysis
* Assist the Project Manager in the planning and effective application of technical elements of change and risk management principles to the project, where required.
* Co-ordinate and oversee user acceptance testing based on the initial functional and non-functional specifications from the business
* Provide advice on the problem-solving of strategic technical issues through to resolution, providing considered consultancy and viable solutions to the customer with excellent understanding and consideration of risks, costs, benefits and possibilities offered by customization vs. configuration.
* Act as solution consultant to strategic Sales/PreSales pursuits and Services projects, providing guidance through the complexity of solution architecture options and the long term roadmap
for the solution
* Demonstrate thought leadership and effectively guide key contacts
* Provide information and feedback to customers in a timely, accurate and appropriate manner ensuring that key messages are communicated effectively
* Adhere to and promote Siemens Delivery Methodology in the creation of quality technical and functional specifications and templates, contributing to ongoing development
* Provide, where relevant, coaching, mentoring and guidance to others
What do I need to qualify for the role?
* Familiarity of PLM product marketplace
* Knowledge of Siemens product suite or similar
* Previous experience of designing technical solutions
* Excellent communications skills, both spoken and written, with good presentation skills.
* Team player who is able to work well with all people; including engineers and senior managers.
* Self-starter who can show Initiative and work autonomously when required.
* Excellent understanding of configuration control practices
* Excellent understanding of software installation practices
* Basic project management skills
* Adaptable and flexible; able to respond to requests/requirements at short notice with little lead time
* Strong ability to build and maintain client relationships and expectations.
* Working knowledge of hardware and operating systems architecture
* Knowledge of PLM tools and processes, preferably Teamcenter.
* Experience of software testing
* Willingness and drive to learn and develop .
* Language knowledge: English and Dutch, both written and oral
What else do I need to know?
Travel Requirements: Occasional international travel, mostly Europe.
Siemens local office/Home 10% to 20%
Customer site(s) 60% to 80%
Siemens PLM Software offers an internationally oriented and innovative high-tech environment. It is a fast growing, financially healthy company with a flat structure, in an informal, flexible atmosphere. People working within the business unit appreciate the room for initiative and career development. PLM Solutions are driven by innovation and therefore management fosters the creativity of its employees. Siemens PLM Software provides continuous training and competence development, stimulating personal development with respect to technical and/or management skills.
Siemens PLM Software is an equal opportunity employer .
Siemens PLM Software, a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) software and services with fifteen million licensed seats and more than 140,000 customers worldwide. Headquartered in Plano, Texas, Siemens PLM Software collaborates with companies to deliver open solutions, helping them make smarter decisions that result in better products. For more information on Siemens PLM Software products and services, visit www.siemens.com/plm.
Job ID: 66961
Organisation: Digital Factory
Experience Level: Professional
Job Type: Full-time