Philips Software Security Engineer in Best, Netherlands
In this role, you have the opportunity to
You are passionate about security and like Philips, deeply invested in securing patient data.
Working within Philips Digital & Computational Pathology gives you the opportunity to develop secure solutions which enable pathology laboratories and pathologists to work more effectively. You will contribute to a higher quality diagnosis and as a result better patient care. You are the one to enable this!
You are responsible for
* Designing and developing software security functionality as integral part of our on premise and cloud products;
* Team-up with Product Owners and Product Architects on security architecture and implementation;
* Perform proof of concepts on security related topics (Authentication, Authorization Identity Management, Session Management Encryption, Secure protocols HTTPS);
* Performing penetration testing, vulnerability assessments and technical product security audits;
* Initiate and leads code security reviews;
* Ensures the backlog of security epics/stories are accurate and complete;
* Securing our application (C#/Java) and platform software (Webserver, Operating Systems, SQL) in an on premise or cloud deployment;
* Keep on the pulse for security industry developments/ best practices;
* Performing security assessments of 3rd party products used in DCP products.
To sum, you develop & maintain security features in software products and take responsibility in addressing security during the whole product development cycle.
You are a part of
You will be joining a truly entrepreneurial team of over 300 employees spread across 15 countries, all passionate about defining the future, growing the business and having fun. You will joining the Philips Emerging Businesses family driving innovation within Philips. As Software Security Engineer you work with the product development team and other security & privacy related functions like the Software Security Architect and Security Officer.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
* BSc/ MSc in Software Engineering or similar technical background;
* At least 5 years of relevant work experience in software security development;
* Experienced software developer in C# and/or JAVA
* Deep understanding of software security coding;
* Proven experience with software security hardening and penetration test tools;
* Capable of owning and maintaining software modules and security features;
* Experience in implementing secure software under cybersecurity frameworks is a plus. To add some personality traits;
* You are a fast learner in a quickly changing environment;
* Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills (dare to raise potential issues);
In return, we offer you
* A competitive salary;
* 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually;
* A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance;
* Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching;
* Colleagues who are the best and brightest in their field;
* Competitive company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package;
* Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount;
* Healthy work-life balance and exciting, international environment at the campus in Best.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum at http://www.philips.com/b-dam/corporate/corporateblog/2016/PhilipsChronic... . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/working-at-philips/working... on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog at http://www.usa.philips.com/a-w/our-people/life-at-philips.html . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech.html , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/faq.html .