City: Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
Position ID: J0818-0159
Employment Type: Full Time
Are you motivated by the opportunity to work for Galileo? Galileo is Europe's own global satellite system and currently consists of a constellation of 22 satellites. It is capable of providing a highly accurate, guaranteed global positioning service under civilian control. The system is still under development and has recently entered the Exploitation Phase.
To strengthen our team responsible for on-site deployment of CGI built systems for key elements in the ground segment of the Galileo Navigation System, we are looking for an on-site engineer.
Your future duties and responsibilities
You will be part of the team responsible for deployment and on-site support of ground station security software for the European satellite navigation system (Galileo). This requires frequent travels to sites (Italy, Germany, France) for implementation, scheduled deployment operations and/or on-site support.
* Carry out on-site software and hardware deployment at various clients sites.
* Attend deployment meetings with all key stakeholders.
* Contribute to the diagnosis and investigation of deployment issues.
* Contribute to the deployment strategy for future KMF software releases.
* Contribute to the preparation of site deployments
* Review and dry run deployment procedures
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
* You like to travel and you are able to spent several work weeks on one of the site locations
* You have a broad knowledge in the area of software engineering (e.g. Networking, Databases (Oracle), Interfacing over various HW/SW protocols, Operating systems (Linux, MS-Windows), hardware integration)
* You have analytical capabilities, efficiently troubleshooting issues down to the core issue
* You are able to communicate in English effortlessly, both written and spoken
* You are interested in space-related projects.
* You are eager to learn on the job
* You enjoy working in a procedural and structured way
* Eligibility for an EU Personal Security Clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL and above is part of the selection procedure
* You have demonstrated good written and verbal communication skills while working in a team.
* Willing to travel to client sites and other CGI offices around Europe.
Education and certification
* Bachelor's degree with a focus on Information Technology/Communications, or equivalent.
Excellent working conditions and an indefinite contract. When you work at CGI, you are right on a challenging workplace with professional colleagues and you are the building block within a close community. We encourage you in your development and offer you all the space. Growth is self-evident.
Apply immediately! More information about the vacancy? Contact Jeroen Meulman via (06) 539 30 249
For other questions about the application procedure, please contact the Recruitment department on (088) 564 00 00 or email@example.com
Acquisition on account of this vacancy is not appreciated!
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested in this job ?