Senior Software Developer (Contract - 8 months)
Senior Software Developer - Connected Care - Patient Engagement
Will you be strengthening our team with software engineering skills and your can-do attitude? We are looking for somebody who will help us improving, extending, and maintaining a proprietary web application framework, written in the Microsoft technology stack (C#). The software is in a mature state and various internal teams use it for their products. The consuming teams are in the same department and therefore in close contact with the framework team.
We are looking for somebody who has experience in quickly understanding a complex codebase, be able to do analysis, and is not afraid to dive into the details. The work is around various scalability and stability topics, (small) functional improvements, and some support work (helping other teams).
- You will be responsible for the design, creation, testing and maintenance of parts of the software for the framework in accordance with the requirement and design specifications, together with the team.
- You will be an active team member of the team, contributing to the refinement, estimation, and planning processes according to the Scrum/SAFe process used within the team.
- You will understand and communicate the consequences of your software implementation on the software architecture.
- You take initiatives to further improve our product quality and process efficiency.
- You will work within the Connected Care - Patient Engagement R&D department at Philips in Ede.
- Your team is in the forming phase (starts in April), with around ten knowledgeable engineers from different teams within our department. The engineers have various expertise and different levels of seniority. It has a dedicated (technical) product owner and dedicated ScrumMaster.
- Because of some non-Dutch members, all the formal sessions, documentation, and communications are in English. The team is using Agile/Scrum to deliver software and align with other teams using SAFe.
- We work in an open culture where everyone's opinion counts and try to share knowledge and ownership.
- Although we have a beautiful newly built office in the forest near Ede, where you are welcome, this position allows working from home. We do expect you to go to the office for creative team sessions, a small number of times a month.
We are looking for someone with:
- An experienced technical software developer (8 years).
- Proficient in working on the Microsoft technology stack (C#, IIS, SQL Server)
- Experience with working with complex (legacy) codebases.
- Team player with good communication skills (English).
- Pre: deep knowledge of Database optimization and performance
- Pre: experience with medical Software, and relevant standards like FHIR.
- Pre: experience in CI/CD using AzureDevOps (TFS)
The Randstad companies are responsible for finding and contracting talent for project roles at Philips. If you are selected for a role you will be contracted by the broker or employed by a Randstad company, and will not be an employee of Philips.