Robotics Engineer AI - Helmond - Noord-Brabant
Posted on oktober 9, 2018oktober 11, 2018 by romy reijnders
Would you like to work at one of the most innovative and global oriented automotive research companies in the world? At this moment we are expanding the system/control engineering capacity of our client TNO in Helmond.
TNO is recognized by OEMs and TIERs all over the world as a valuable knowledge partner with unique expertise, tools and facilities. The activities within the research department Integrated Vehicle Safety focus on improving the functional safety of vehicles and prevent human fatalities and severe injuries by developing integrated safety solutions that are robust and reliable under all circumstances.
As a Robotic System/Software specialist you will be responsible for the further development of our world modelling and motion planning algorithms. Example fields are multi-sensor fusion, track-to-track fusion, localization, SLAM, motion planning, estimation & prediction. You will be responsible to develop new algorithms/solutions for these challenges. Furthermore, you will also be responsible, together with experts of the other relevant fields, to combine this with existing solutions into a single result, typically a middleware supported embedded system (e.g. carlab with multiple (automotive) computers + ROS middleware).
Good communication and cooperation (in teams) skills are needed for the interaction with all disciplines within the department (e.g. control, prediction, testing, functional & operational safety, system engineering) is important due to the integrated approach within projects. Within these projects a pro-active attitude is appreciated. Typical projects you will work in are:
1) business to business projects where you have a direct interaction with the customer and concrete tangible goals
2) European projects in which there is more focus on the research and technology development
For this department we are confident that you can succesfully contribute, when you have these qualifications:
* Excellent knowledge in one or more of the following fields: - Multi-sensor fusion - Bayesian filtering - Track-to-track fusion - Multimodal perception - Localization - Mapping - SLAM - Motion Planning
* Proven experience developing software using C++ (Python is a plus) and ROS - Good knowledge of Linux and software development under Linux
* MSc or PhD in Computer Science, Robotics, or related fields such as Artificial Intelligence (AI)
* Experience with multi-sensor fusion projects (radar, lidar, camera, V2X)
* Hands-on experience with real mobile robotic or automotive systems
* Experience with distributed version control software, e.g. Git - Proven experience of working in a (project)team and being a team player
Preferable you have:
* Experience with learning algorithms (e.g., deep learning) or toolkits
* Experience with cooperative driving (V2x) or multirobot applications
* Experience of developing software with Matlab/Simulink
* Experience with control system design and real-time embedded systems
Orion Engineering is active in a broad range of technical disciplines. We have been a reliable partner for our well-known customers for over 25 years. Through our individual approach we offer you a chance to develop yourself within an organization and propel your career to the next level! You will be employed by Orion Engineering and seconded to our customer.
Please send your application and motivation by using the "apply button" below. If your are curious to learn more about the opportunities Orion Engineering can offer you, please contact Sander Huls (+31631049877, +31402116777 or email@example.com), to schedule a personal interview. We are looking forward to meet you personally.