Radio Navigation Engineer
Vitrociset Belgium is an international company which specializes in the space industry for over 30 years.
The European Space Agency is our biggest client and we provide highly qualified employees to many sites of ESA mainly in the Netherlands, Germany, Spain, France, and the UK.
Your career is very important to us, therefore, we provide a permanent contract with great benefits, good salary, relocation package and genuine support to our employees.
On behalf of the European Space Agency, we are looking for a highly skilled Radio Navigation Engineer to work in ESTEC, in the Netherlands.
- The Position is mainly working on GALILEO Ground Segment processing facilities, in a role supporting the GALILEO Ground Mission Segment (GMS) team; in particular, the detailed specific tasks include:
- Evaluation of GMS design and evolution, with a specific focus on GMS Algorithms and performances (incl. RAMS aspects), ensuring the design, development, deployment, verification, tuning and validation of the Ground Segment functions that generate and monitor the navigation products (i.e. Ephemeris, Clock, Group Delay, Code & Phase Biases, etc. ...) in line with the allocated performances for service provision (i.e. accuracy, continuity, integrity and availability requirements) and development constraints;
- Evaluate GMS design evolutions for robustness improvements (eg. barrier enhancement and new functions);
- Follow-up of the procurement actions related to the implementation of a set of GMS Elements; including support to the monitoring of industrial contracts for the developments and generating and reviewing relevant documentation such as technical requirements;
- Participation to GMS related Integration, Verification and Qualification (IVQ) activities, such as test cases definition and preparation, formal tests witnessing, Verification Credit collection at Element and Segment level, anomalies follow-up at Element, Segment and System level;
- Support to GMS engineering activities, as well as Galileo System level engineering activities, such as requirement engineering, change management and baseline evolutions (DCPs/DCNs), assessment of contractor’s RFDs/RFWs; new services evaluation and contribution to proposal assessments;
- Contribution to GMS and System reviews and support to Galileo Ground Segment next generation developments.
- University degree (MSc minimum) in telecommunications and signal processing, electronic engineering, computer science or other scientific disciplines, as well as experience in these fields.
- Experience in the management and monitoring of industrial activities, including participation in reviews.
- Specific knowledge in the design and testing of Ground Segment algorithms related to the generation and monitoring of the navigation products (i.e. Ephemeris, Clock, Group Delay, Code & Phase Biases...).
- Specific knowledge on algorithms for clock ensembles, real-time clock anomaly detection and automatic fault compensation is considered an asset.
- Knowledge on Resource Abstraction layers (e.g. hyper convergence, virtualisation, containerisation) and data centric processing.
- Knowledge of Agile software engineering techniques, in particular SAFe methodology, is an asset.
- The applicant shall have experience relevant with the GNSS and GALILEO systems and equipment and have good knowledge of Radio Navigation processing, simulation and testing systems.
- Candidates must be eligible for security clearance from their national security administration.
Please note that interviews can/will be held via skype, webex or other digital platforms. The TUD will be agreed taking into account how the coranavirus situation develops.