Project Engineer Training
0 - 5 years
Damen Shipyards Gorinchem (Gorinchem)
* Level of education
* Job area
Services & Maintenance, Project Management
Do you have a sailing or technical background and you like to share knowledge? Are you also good with customer groups and are you comfortable in a spider in a web role? Then you are our Project Engineer Training.
As Project Engineer you organize training both in the background and in an executive role for training and / or our customers. You will be involved with the planning of the training program, taking care of the related issues such as training location and purchase of external training, where you partly work from our office and partly from our client's office. The bulk of the training we offer is tailor-made, the program is tailored to the new sold ship and the organization of the customer.
The Training department within Damen Services focuses on offering, preparation and execution of all training programs which are sold from Damen Shipyards Gorinchem. This involves technical, nautical, marine and maritime-related courses for a wide variety of product groups worldwide. The department is characterized by an informal atmosphere and consists at present of 9 employees whom in cooperation with Damen organization service the customer.
Tasks & Responsibilities
As project engineer training your daily activities include the following tasks:
* You will consult with the customer representative about the content of the program;
* You invent and develop the training program;
* You organize transport and accommodation for participants who come to the Netherlands from all over the world;
* You buy training with existing or new suppliers, both at training companies or system suppliers;
* You provide training on nautical and / or ship technical field;
* You are project responsible and you monitor both costs and quality;
* You report the project results to stakeholders;
* You evaluate and develop the courses and training;
* You work with external training suppliers and ensures seamless integration of their programs within the Damen approach.
Do you have the following:
* HBO working and thinking level, for example a completed nautical and / or technical training HBO (such Maroff or WTB);
* At least 3 years practical experience with training people;
* You have good communication skills
* A good command of Dutch and English, spoken and written.
And are you also independent, organizationally strong, creative, customer and quality focused, and you have no trouble with working trips abroad (about 1x a year)? Apply now directly via the button below.
An assessment and pre- employment screening will be part of the application proces.
Damen Services' mission is to support the sales organization of Damen in selling vessels by providing additional value in the form of services. The department gives substance to the concept of high quality and the generally higher cost of acquisition. After the sale of a ship, excellent services are delivered in order to increase the likelihood that a customer chooses Damen again to buy a ship for replacement or expansion. At the operational level, the Services department maintains contact with clients and is the eyes and ears of the sales organization. Services provides a broad portfolio of services for the entire life cycle of a ship built by Damen. This includes the handling of warranty calls, providing training, providing spare parts, providing maintenance and perform modifications and repairs. That is reflected in the behavior of its employees; they are always available, proactive, keeping their promises and always do more than is asked of them.
Within the Services department the question is always: How do we make it happen?