Project Engineer, standplaats UK
* HBO (bachelor)
The project engineer mainly focuses on the technical manageability for carrying out the project in accordance with the approved plan of approach, in close cooperation with the project manager concerned in the best way possible, taking into account procedures described in the VDL Steelweld quality and environmental manuals in line with ISO9001/VDA 6.4 and ISO 14001. The project engineer reports to the Teamleader Project Engineering.
Project Engineer, standplaats UK
Tasks & responsibilities
* Is technically responsible for a project (technical project management for all professional disciplines).
* Coordinating, supervising and following up on activities carried out for the staff and suppliers for outsourced work he controls according to the plan of approach.
* Monitoring the progress and status of project-critical deliverables and activities including reporting to the Project Manager and the management including on possible disruptions and corrective activities.
* Studying and analyzing the order, consulting with the client, project manager/project engineer, internal departments and suppliers.
* Recording the technical execution through to delivery at the client's in process content and deliverables including accompanying version management.
* Drawing up the scheduling and the control plan, and ensuring its implementation and adherence to it in collaboration with the project manager.
* The professional assessment of quotes, calculations, timing, progress and deliverables from suppliers including recording the agreements made.
* Providing all the technical project information and Technical Construction File (in collaboration with the project designer).
* Obtaining approval from certification organizations and clients.
* Solving incorrect constructions during the manufacturing and assembly activities.
* Indicating additional educational needs to the Engineering Unit Manager.
* Taking on (parts of) tasks from the Project Designer.
* Providing information for the drawing up of the technical documentation in accordance with the statutory requirements, standards and the client's guidelines.
* Training the client's staff.
* All tasks and responsibilities of the Process Engineer.
* Drawing up the plan of approach together with the Project Manager.
* Bachelor Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
* At least 3-5 years of operational experience after concluding education, preferably in Automotive BIW.
* The required software packages and tools.
* Contemporary languages (English, German).
* Controlling and following up on suppliers when it comes to technology, status and quality.
* Assessing the technology, content and pricing of quotes.
* Manages all facets of the process right through to delivery to the client in all its facets.
* Standards, client specifications, statutory guidelines and regulations (CE), safety issues, ergonomics.
* General knowledge of other professions in order to be able to guarantee integral optimisation.
* Projects the right image, proactive, shows initiative and independent.
* Exudes seniority and steadfastness.
* Constructive and analytical insight, can prioritise, can delegate.
* Good communication and social skills. Clear reporting skills.
* Cost and quality conscious, works for the joint project objective.
* Can negotiate with the client, knows how to take on responsibility.
* Prepared to travel and spend extended periods of time working on location in the Netherlands and abroad in order to carry out activities at the facilities of suppliers and clients.
* Thinks, acts, evaluates, corrects.
What do we offer:
* Being part of the international industrial family company VDL Groep. A company in which continuity has the highest priority; professional teamwork in an informal no nonsense environment in which open communication is very important;
* An opportunity regarding personal development and entrepreneurship;
* Excellent working conditions and career opportunities.
If you are interested and you recognize yourself in the debrided profile, please apply via the "solliciteer" button. Please add your CV as also a motivation letter.
VDL Steelweld is a versatile international company that has been active in production automation, special products, parking systems and engineering services. VDL Steelweld has been part of the VDL Group since 1995.
Solliciteer Meer info