Physics Optical Design Engineer
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The sensor department is responsible for development, delivery, integration and qualification of functional sensor modules and applications on spec, within time and budget. The sensors developed in this department are key for the ASML business drivers overlay, imaging, focus and throughput. You will be working in a dynamic and high-tech environment, active at the physical limits.
To contribute to the development of leading edge sensor systems by designing, creating, integrating and testing, (sub-) systems within the restrictions imposed by system specifications, costs and planning considerations.
The Level Sensor group within the sensor department is responsible for delivering sensors to measure height features up to nanometer accuracy. This accuracy is necessary for achieving the required imaging and focus control of the ASML scanner products. The sensors consist of dedicated optics, pneumatics, electronics and software.
As an Optics design engineer Level Sensor, you will be designing, creating, testing and integrating complex level sensor solutions within the boundaries defined by the system specifications, budgeted costs and planning.
* Design and verify optical solutions for continuously improving the level sensor performance
* Design and verify the calibration and setup sequence of the level sensor
* Design and verify the opto-mechanical tools required during install and setup of the level sensor.
* Set-up and maintain a technical interface with the ASML internal stakeholders, but also with suppliers and other external parties where needed
Technical University, PhD or MSc in physics or engineering.
* Solid background on design of experiments, data analysis and presentation
* Proven experience or affinity with optics and semiconductor devices
* Matlab or similar software tooling experience is a pre
* Creative, takes the initiative, shows discipline and team spirit.
* Strong pragmatic attitude with an analytical view.
* In depth theoretical and experimental experience.
* Excellent command of the English language.
* Apt communicator. Knows how to convey complex topics in an understandable fashion.
* Convincing and speaks up.
* Flexible and committed.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
What is working at ASML like? Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXpAMguP-vQ
Our selection process includes an online Talent Exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, your personal values, motivators and career ambitions. The Talent Exploration enables both you and us to explore if there is a mutual match - not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML.
Please add your complete & recent CV and cover letter for this position to your application.
We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.
You can apply for this job using below button: "Apply for this job".
Applications sent by email can't be processed.