Medior Research Engineer Battery Systems
* Aanbod € 60000 - € 70000, € 70000 - € 80000
* Functiegroep Energie
* Dienstverband Fulltime
* Vacaturenummer 9047700
* Locatie Eindhoven
* Contract Detachering via YER
* Branche Manufacturing
Over deze vacature
This research group is one of the leading players on vehicle electrification technology and has a longstanding track record in the automotive industry. They have developed their own extensive modelling and simulation tools to simulate both conventional, hybrid electric, and fully electric powertrains. This group has its own state-of-the-art testing facilities, where they can measure complete powertrain systems for real world emissions and fuel efficiency. They can perform measurements on an entire vehicle (up to truck size) in their unique altitude climate chamber, and perform on-road measurements, as well as battery testing facilities.
Within the Powertrain research department, you will have the role of research engineer / integrator, giving you the chance to shape the technologies contributing to a sustainable future. Part of a team working in multiple challenging projects, both national and international, with key automotive partners, you are at the forefront of research and development focused on vehicle electrification technologies. By focusing on innovative solutions, you play a key role in strengthening and further building on our position in the automotive industry.
Your technical role provides you the chance to experiment a wide range of activities, spanning from modelling and simulation, powertrain control development, hardware implementation and testing. Topics are focused on battery and fuel cell technology, powertrain control strategies and vehicle assessments in general. Within project teams, you will have a range of roles, including technical expert and technical lead of projects and will be given opportunity and support to further develop both your technical expertise and soft skills.
Alongside technical activities, the role provides you the opportunity of extending your professional network and setting up projects (both collaborative funded and B2B), where enthusiasm and experience in project proposal writing are a strong plus.
The job will contain some international projects and hence you should be willing to travel to international partners and customers.
Our client is an independent research organisation whose expertise and research make an important contribution to the competitiveness of companies and organisations, to the economy and to the quality of society as a whole. Innovation with purpose is what our client stands for. They develop knowledge not for its own sake but for practical application. To create new products that make life more pleasant and valuable and help companies innovate. To find creative answers to the questions posed by society. They work for a variety of customers: governments, the SME sector, large companies, service providers and non-governmental organisations. Working together on new knowledge, better products and clear recommendations for policy and processes. In everything they do, impact is the key.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client TNO Powertrain Test Services B.V. The following conditions are applicable:
* Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
* 25 free to spend holidays per year
* A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organization
* Travel expense reimbursement or leased vehicle
* Good pension scheme
* Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
* Committed to a good balance between work and private life
* An open culture and clear communication
* A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
* You have a master's degree in a relevant field, for example electrical engineering or automotive engineering, with strong expertise on battery systems and a broad technical knowledge on hybrid and electric components. Modelling and simulation, system identification are your strong technical competencies, with control strategy development a strong plus.
* At least 5 years relevant experience, with industrial experience an advantage.
* You are well acquainted with Matlab/Simulink. Knowledge in other simulation tools typically used in the automotive industry is considered a plus, as is embedded software development expertise (e.g. C/C++).
* Experience in direct interactions with (international) partners/customers and can help translate their needs into services and solutions.
* You enjoy developing innovative solutions to technically challenging problems and have the right mix of intellectual curiosity and practical pragmatism.
Tip een vriend
* Jeroen Broeren
* +31 (0)40 246 86 68
Meer vacatures van deze consultant
Vacatures in je inbox
Schrijf je vrijblijvend in en ontvang de laatste vacatures in je inbox. Upload jouw CV
Focus on you
* Privacy Statement