Mechanical Senior Design Engineer
Do you want to be involved in complex mechatronic systems, within a multidisciplinary project environment? Are you willing to intervene with impact on mechanical aspects and collaborate to make a change?
As a Design Engineer within the Mechanical Engineering team you will have a responsibility to develop several submodules for our systems from concept to realization phase. In the projects you will work on concepts, tradeoffs, substantial calculations and designs in 3D.
The R&D department has various disciplines e.g. Mechanical, Electrical, Software, Systems and Process Engineering. Mechanical Engineering, being a part of R&D, consists of 12 people with Drafters, Designers, Senior Designers and Lead Engineers, working on Fumo’s, Proto’s and serial designs. Therefore, you will be part of a highly skilled and multidisciplinary project team.
At Kulicke and Soffa you will be encouraged to take broad responsibilities to resolve challenging problems. Although our products and solutions are complex you will be personally influencing the end results. We offer a friendly and innovative working environment, a variety of cross functional projects and extensive professional development opportunities.Responsibilities and Duties
- Realizing concepts to design and develop submodules of new machines;
- Involved in guiding prototype builds and testing of the project you work on from concept to design and having alignment with production;
- Troubleshooting unforeseen situations in new developments, come up with ideas and tackle risks;
- Interact and handle improvements that need to be made and do redesignsRequirements
- Bachelor degree in a Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronics;
- 5 years’ relevant work experience;
- Experience in machine building or equivalent;
- Strong 3D and 2D skills along analytical and calculation skills (FEM);
- Well-developed communication skills in English and Dutch.