Location Veldhoven, Netherlands
Experience 5-10 Experienced
Functional Area Mechanical Engineering
Are you an experienced Mechanical (Lead) Engineer eager to further develop yourself in multidisciplinary environment within a dedicated team to achieve breakthroughs? Then get in contact with us, as this could be the ideal career step for you.
ASML provides chipmakers with everything they need - hardware, software and services - to mass produce patterns on silicon, helping to increase the value and lower the cost of a chip. Our key technology is the lithography system, which brings together high-tech hardware and advanced software to control the chip manufacturing process down to the nanometer. All of the world's top chipmakers like Samsung, Intel and TSMC use our technology, enabling the waves of innovation that help tackle the world's toughest challenges. ASML has 19,000 employees worldwide. We are headquartered in Veldhoven (The Netherlands) and have over 60 offices in 16 countries.
Within ASML, the sector Development & Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the specification, design and engineering of the ASML products. For this sector (D&E) we are looking for a Lead Engineer for the department of Opto Mechanics Pellicle.
Translate functional specifications into mechanical solutions. Realize, test and release these solutions to the customer.
As a lead Engineer you are responsible for realization of precision mechanical function developments, ensuring to meet the specifications in terms of safety, reliability, stability, contamination free, cost effectiveness, manufacturability and serviceability.
You continuously improve the quality of the mechanical Solutions and are working within a multidisciplinary project.
You are working in a team with mechanical engineers, steering one or more designers.
· Translate performance specifications into design specification.
· Creation and validation of new concepts.
· Prepare and maintain planning for modules and sub-modules.
· Optimization of the design, with a team of designers.
· Supplier contact for design and drawing reviews on manufacturability.
· Definition and execution of final tests to verify the specifications.
· Cooperation with module integration into the complex ASML systems.
· Release the solution to the customer
Technical Bachelor or Master with a specialization in Precision-, Micro-, Nano- engineering; Accurate positioning and adjustments; Tribology; Mechanics of materials or Mechatronics (with mechanical background).
> 5 year experience as a designer within Precision Mechanics.
Preferably also experience in one or more of the following competences:
· Accurate positioning and adjusting
· Light and stiff precision mechanical designing
· Tribology, coatings, air bearings
· Joining technologies: fasteners, adhesives, welding, etc…
· Fatigue of elastic elements
· Design for particle free solutions
· Advanced materials (ceramics, glass, composites, coatings)
· Steering and coaching designers in a small team
· Cost effective solutions
· Team player with good communicational skills
· Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude
· Creative thinking capability
· Good communication skills
· Practical knowledge in word and writing of English
· On starting his assignment the candidate must be a Siemens NX certified professional on modeling, structures, drafting and assemblies. This is in a Teamcenter Engineering environment.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential.
We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
Our selection process includes an online Talent Exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, your personal values, motivators and career ambitions.
Please add your CV and cover letter for this position to your application.