IT Security Engineer
The Security Engineer implements and maintains solutions that contribute to a secure Essent IT landscape.
You ensure the secure operations of the in-house IT landscape and network connections.
Success always comes from within: together with the talented Essent team, you want to achieve results as a IT Security Engineer in Den Bosch.
You don’t just see opportunities and challenges as a IT Security Engineer, you make rapid and full use of them in:
- Help DevOps teams with risk assessments and making applications more secure
- Develop best practices and security standards for the organization in collaboration with the Security Expert
- Automate security requirements in CI/CD pipelines
- Report possible threats or vulnerabilities
- Provide threats, vulnerabilities and impact to determine risk during sessions for DevOps teams
- Assist in scheduling, automating and execution of frequent internal audits on systems and solution in the IT landscape
- Constantly broadens and deepens knowledge of security principles, both within and outside our company
- Create awareness and implementation of Essent security and compliance guidelines
You'll join the IT team in the Shared Services department. Together with the IT Security & Compliance Expert you combine the strengths to engage with E.ON international group services to see what security solutions are available and can be implemented at Essent. And as part of Shared Services you will align and support all DevOps teams with security solutions, implementing and operating them, and providing all information necessary to ensure a secure IT environment in a cost effective way.
In this role, you will specifically work for Essent and the energiedirect.nl brand.
energiedirect.nl is our “value for money” market player. It protects the Essent brand when it comes to price. It was founded 15 years ago based on the conviction that buying energy can be much simpler: in price, service and clarity. We took a clear-headed approach to challenging the market. Without distractions. Always economical: that's the essence of the brand. This conviction can be felt in our communication, and shapes everything we do.
Essent is our full-service brand for consumers, SMEs and large businesses. At Essent, we not only know a lot about energy, but also about customers. We want to help consumers and companies in an accessible way, step-by-step, to make their home or business more sustainable. With the aim of saving energy. We do this together with our installers in the country. Not by making plans for the distant future; we know what is going on with customers today and we really do something with it. Essent helps you today with all your energy solutions. Big or small. For a carefree feeling - now and in the future.
We’re the market leader in the supply of energy and gas in the Netherlands. A position we’re proud of. Every day, we find newer and smarter ways of being the best together, as one team. We have focus, ownership and discipline. Our straightforward mentality helps us retain the loyalty of millions of consumers and businesses. Not just in energy and gas, but also in energy-related products and services that help the Netherlands become more sustainable. And we don’t wait until tomorrow. As part of E.ON, and with our brands Essent, energiedirect.nl, Powerhouse and Vandebron, we create impact for our customers. Together, we bring affordable energy solutions within reach for everyone.
You believe in yourself, the team and the company. And us? We reward you for all your hard work: with money, opportunities and personal growth. Because you always deliver the best for our customers, we offer you (based on 40 hours a week):
- A job at a leading European energy company that's always on the move. We keep growing, developing and innovating.
- A gross monthly salary between € 4.100 and € 5.856, precisely tailored to your level.
- A bonus opportunity of 10% to show our appreciation even more.
- 30 days of annual leave because you have hobbies outside work.
- All the facilities you need to work flexibly in the office, at home and on the road.
- The opportunity to work with our House-in-Order Lean method.
- We are currently working from home. But as soon as it's possible, we look forward to offering you an inspiring office environment with a great coffee bar within walking distance of Den Bosch central station.
- We recommend that you travel by public transport. And there’s a great extra if you do: we’ll give you an NS Business Card. Would you prefer to travel by car? Then you’ll receive a kilometer allowance.
- A wide range of development and promotion opportunities nationally and internationally.
This is the ideal opportunity to make an impact as an IT Security Engineer.