FEA Mechanics & Vibration Engineer
* WO (master)
An FEA Mechanics & Vibration Engineer in VDL ETG Technology & Development is responsible for the mechanical analysis of the mechanical designs of the high- tech mechatronic systems. You carry this out as part of an existing team of designers and architects with the purpose of achieving an efficient development process within the set frameworks of the mechatronic systems.
FEA Mechanics & Vibration Engineer
* Carrying out FEM analyses, strength and rigidity calculations on the designs of the mechatronic systems.
* Making recommendations to the designers and architects during the development process in order to have the process run more efficiently.
* Substantiating and presenting design decisions that were made.
* Advising in solving design related problems.
* Establishing and reporting relevant data and specifications.
The practical work
VDL ETG Technology & Development works according to the Production Generation Process (PGP) and as an FEA Mechanics & Vibration Engineer, in the following phases you are responsible for:
* Feasibility phase: the study of the Customer Requirements Specifications (CRS) and the feasibility of mechanical and dynamic components.
* Definition Phase: coming up with an accurate description of system design requirements and the related specifications.
* System design / concept phase:
+ Translating functional requirements into the desired dynamic performance.
+ Locating sources of disturbances within the system and characterizing them (e.g., floor vibrations).
+ Schematically mapping the dynamic architecture of the existing sources of disturbances (e.g., dominant masses, rigidness and degrees of freedom).
+ Carrying out clear and simple analyses of each of the existing sources of disturbances in order to provide insights into the aspects that determine the dynamic architecture.
+ Proposing elementary concept choices and/or defining design rules for the next phase based on the analyses you carried out.
Which expertise will you contribute?
* University education in mechanical engineering
* At least 5 to 10 years of experience as an FEM engineer or analyst in a high-tech environment.
* Experience in calculating and simulating dynamic behavior using Ansys,
* You have experience in working with NX and Teamcenter.
Which Personal skills will you contribute?
* You think out-of-the-box.
* You maintain a helicopter view.
* You are able to communicate clearly and capable of presenting your choices orally.
* You are capable of reporting in a structured manner.
* You act as a catalyst; you challenge others and you come up with innovative ideas.
* You have a command oral and written Dutch and English.
What do we offer at VDL ETG?
* You will be part of an internationally operating family business.
* You will work wit professionals in a technically high-end environment.
* You will work within a dynamic and informal corporate culture.
* You will work in multidisciplinary teams.
* You have the opportunity to develop on an international level.
* You direct your individual career in the area of personal development and growth.
Apply for the vacancy Electronics Integrator
Are you interested and do you recognize yourself in above profile? Apply via the 'solliciteer" button. Please include a resume and motivation letter in which you describe why you are interested in this vacancy. For further information about this vacancy you can contact the Corporate Recruitment Department; Ellen Op Heij, via +316-53680745.
Acquisition is not appreciated. We ask candidates to apply directly for this job at VDL ETG and not by a staffing or recruitment & selection agency.
Within VDL ETG, the Technology & Development department (T&D) is responsible for the specification, design and integration of high-tech mechatronic machine modules, professional systems and capital intensive equipment. All this takes place under one roof. The high-tech production facility is equipped with state-of-the- art machinery to produce any designed product.
The Technology & Development department consists of a number of competence groups, such as Mechanics, Mechatronics, Electronics, Software, Flow & Thermal and Project management Within our multidisciplinary project teams we specify, design, develop and qualify modules and products for our customers. Subsequently, we supply these products to our customers.
Solliciteer Meer info
Ellen Op Heij