ESG Analyst, Research Products
About the Role
Sustainalytics is seeking a qualified ESG analyst to join its ESG analyst team focusing on the global Healthcare industry, including Medical Devices, Hospitals, Health Insurers, Pharmaceuticals, and Biotechnology. This new position presents an exciting opportunity to conduct company ESG analysis that will form a part of our flagship ESG Risk Rating. Asset owners, investment managers and other investment professionals leverage the ESG Risk Rating and its underlying research to enhance investment processes. The role involves ESG risk and controversy analysis for companies, as well as contributing to client meetings and thought leadership. You will join a growing and strategically important team and contribute to the development of a vibrant community of sector analysts. You will engage in training and development programmes which support your career development to become a top ESG analyst. The ideal candidate will have a background in capital markets and industry knowledge.
• Research, analyze and rate the ESG risks and involvement in controversies of companies in the global Healthcare industry.
• Prepare company ESG Risk Rating reports to be published in Sustainalytics’ Global Access portal;
• Research and track ESG trends and issues relevant in your sector of expertise;
• Contribute to responding to client queries and support clients in integrating your research insights into their investment decision-making;
• Contribute to the development of intellectual capital and internal and external thought leadership.
• Graduate degree in related discipline (business, finance, environment and/or social science);
• 1 to 3 years of relevant work experience;
• Knowledge and understanding of the financial services industry, ESG aspects thereof, and the SRI/RI market;
• Knowledge of the global Healthcare industry, including relevant trends and ESG risks
• Capital markets background; MBA/CFA considered an asset;
• Excellent research, analytical and writing capabilities;
• Presentation skills (both in spoken and written formats), e.g. ppt skills, client interaction skills;
• Alignment with Sustainalytics’ mission, vision and values;
• Effective planning and time-management skills;
• Resourceful, flexible, driven and self-starter;
• Ability to work and adapt in a dynamic environment;
• Willing to embrace change and innovation;
Sustainalytics has been a leading independent provider of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) research for the last 25 years. Our insights are used by clients to make better informed investment decisions, engage with companies in relation to their business activities and drive change.
Sustainalytics is a growing organization with 800 employees and 17 offices globally. We have a flexible and supportive working culture and empower our employees to progress and develop quickly in an entrepreneurial environment.
For more information, visit www.sustainalytics.com