As an Electrical Design Engineer at Vermeer, you will come to work in an energetic environment, where you have a lot of impact on modifying your own role. It is also fine if you stick to the responsibilities in the job title. You will support the Project Engineer you’re working for by use of Zuken, SolidWorks and PDM Works. The projects you will be working on are introduction and optimization of new and existing machine models into a serial production environment. This can be anything from looking into procurement questions about electrical component selection to assist Engineering Technicians with all aspects of building and testing prototype machines. You can also assist with technical publications for marketing and sales with information required for product release. There’s a lot of troubleshooting involved and communication with other departments. A hands-on mentality is preferred.
What are you going to do?
- Design and detail harnesses, control panel, sensor mounting, wire routing and assembly prints;
- Create wiring diagrams and schematics;
- Identify electrical quality and reliability issues and implement solutions;
- Perform electrical component selection, failure analysis, and supplier quality control audits including communicating with procurement on vendor pricing, availability and applications;
- Support service department with technical issues;
- Instruct other users on SolidWorks, PDM Works, and ECN tools and best practices;
- Communicate to the Project Engineer about expected timelines and impact of design choices;
- Making modifications to bill of materials and making sure all other documentation gets updated. This requires a sharp view on possible impact on other machines and clear communication to other departments about implemented changes;
- Finding the root cause of issues in production, assembly steps or field issues.
What do you need?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Control, Electrical, Automotive, Agricultural or Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 2 years’ related experience. We have possibilities for a starter to a medior candidate;
- Knowledge of Electrical Symbols, schematics, basic electrical (relays circuits, load, Ohm’s law);
- Knowledge of Control System Architecture;
- Ability to maintain a high level of attention to detail;
- Demonstration of good verbal and written communication skills in English.
Other skills and abilities (nice to have but not required):
- Familiarity with CAN Bus design and J1939 design specs, Simulink, Zuken;
- Standard Work, Guidelines, Functional Testing worksheets with Test Department;
- Writing Requirements, Specifications and Testing requirements;
- Siemens Polarion;
- Siemens PLC software, Simatic Step 7;
- NEN-1010 or NEN3040 certified.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll get to work in an international and growing environment in which you have every possibility of developing yourself. There’s a lot of long term growth potential with possibilities in directions of engineering, operations or even commercial. You will come to work in a company with a great atmosphere where your colleagues will treat you as one of the team from day one. There’s a big age-range and a lot of diversity in nationalities and personalities.
Check out our culture https://