DevOps Engineer (Firewall and VPN solutions)
* Locatie: Den Haag Maanplein
* Afdeling: Overige vakgebieden
* Sluit: 06-03-2019
* Opleiding: HBO
* Ref. 3567
* Vacature open
Vacature openDe vacature staat open, we ontvangen graag je sollicitatie.
* Gesprekken gepland
Gesprekken geplandDe eerste kandidaten komen op gesprek. Je kunt nog steeds solliciteren, maar wacht niet te lang.
* Afrondende gesprekken
Afrondende gesprekkenDe afrondende gesprekken zijn gepland. Mocht je nog willen solliciteren, dan moet je heel snel zijn.
IngevuldWe hebben onze nieuwe collega gevonden. Solliciteren is helaas niet meer mogelijk, maar we nodigen je uit om te reageren op andere vacatures.
DevOps Engineer (Firewall and VPN solutions)
The Telco industry is changing and KPN strives to be a forerunner in innovation. We do this through creating new solutions using the latest technology. Our goal is to be a digital Telco company. This requires our technical infrastructure of networks and services platforms to change and develop. In order to complete this transformation, we have defined ambitious requirements and are transforming our traditional networks to virtual networks with a high degree of automation.
What will you be doing?
As a DevOps Engineer you will be working in the KPN Networks and IT-organization. You will be responsible for delivering and supporting security solutions (firewall and VPN capabilities) for the networks and platforms of KPN's mobile and (fixed) phone lines.
You will deploy and configure firewall machines in virtual context to comply with our new business requirements and setups. As a Firewall expert you proactively address (new) challenges while also implementing state of the art features at the KPN virtualization platforms to achieve business results. Conducting demo sessions is also part of the role (for different audience: managers, designers and engineers) where you will demonstrate the new deployment setups and achievements.
Main Responsibilities include:
* We work in an AGILE DevOps team to deliver and support security solutions (firewall and VPN capabilities)
* Deploy and configure firewall and VPN solutions on a virtual, cloud-based context to comply with the new business requirements / setups.
* Facilitate firewall and VPN solutions deployment automation using KPN instruments and environment.
* Proactively address challenges while implementing new features at the KPN virtualization platform: chase for specific knowledge inside and outside of the team, propose efficient instruments to achieve the business results, etc.
* Conduct firewall demo sessions to a broad audience (including management, designers and engineers), demonstrating the new deployment setups and achievements.
* Work with team members to manage and administer enterprise-wide development tools - Atlassian JIRA, Confluence.
* Investigate and resolve the most complex technical issues involving Fortinet and Checkpoint products.
* Provide solutions to proactively prevent problems from happening.
* Collaborate with infrastructure and monitor teams to maintain and improve KPN services.
* Continuous focus and contribution in the areas of performance, availability & scalability, reliability, and maintainability of the product.
* Fortinet and Checkpoint knowledge and experience (at least 2 years)
* Linux experience, including operating systems and network administration
* Python and Bash Scripting
* RESTful APIs (curl is required), experience with OSS/BSS/IT integration, proven coding experience, Structured mind.
* Good knowledge of virtualization technologies, Openstack, NuageVSD, Nokia SROS7750 service router
* Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills;
* Experience with encryption and authentication technologies;
* Knowledge of network technologies and principles: Routing, Switching, VPN, LAN, WAN, Network Security, Intrusion Detection, and Anti Virus.
* Strong experience with security product features: Firewalls, IPSec, IDS/IPS, Anti Spam, virus scanning, DDoS prevention, etc.
* Strong communication skills
* Ability to work and collaborate in team and Agile environment
* Knowledge of ETSI MANO Cloudify;
* Software development skills is an advantage;
* Ansible is an advantage
* Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
Interested? Let us know by sending us an application. For more information about this position or procedure, please contact Ron Jansen, Recruiter via email: email@example.com or call +31614705499 if you have any questions.
An assessment/e-assessment and screening are part of KPN's job application procedure.
Wil je meer weten?
Ron Jansen firstname.lastname@example.org +31 (0)6 14 70 54 99
DevOps Engineer (Firewall and VPN solutions) Solliciteer direct