Control Vehicle Engineer Junior and Medior - Helmond - Noord-Brabant
Posted on oktober 9, 2018oktober 10, 2018 by romy reijnders
Would you like to work at one of the most innovative and global oriented automotive research companies in the world? At this moment we are expanding the system/control engineering capacity of our client TNO in Helmond. Currently we have 3 opportunities to join the Integrated Vehicle safety systems team.
TNO is recognized by OEMs and TIERs all over the world as a valuable knowledge partner with unique expertise, tools and facilities. The activities within the research department Integrated Vehicle Safety focus on improving the functional safety of vehicles and prevent human fatalities and severe injuries by developing integrated safety solutions that are robust and reliable under all circumstances.
The Integrated Vehicle Safety research group develops systems and functions for automated vehicles. Think of, advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), and (semi-)automated driving. The activities consists of both high level ADAS features and low level control, state estimation, control prototyping, testing, and simulation and modelling. In your position as a Control Engineer you contribute to projects in this field. The team is expanding with multiple engineers and there are opening for:
* 1 Junior Controls Engineer
* 2 Medior Controls Engineers
For this department we have 3 job openings on different levels, You can apply being a "junior" (also fresh graduates) or "Medior level engineer with these qualifications:
* Technical University (PhD or MSc) in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Systems and Control, or comparable, with a specialization in Vehicle Mechatronics or Vehicle Dynamics and Control and experience with ROS is an asset
* Hands-on experience with real mobile robotic or automotive systems
* Experience in model based development of control algorithms on simulation level as well as real-time implementation and testing in prototype vehicles (using Matlab/Simulink and dSpace and preferably ROS)
* Experienced with the integration of mechatronic systems in prototype vehicles
* Experience in a University Racing Team is an asset
* Experienced with testing and/or evaluation of road vehicles and knowledge of relevant sensor
* Experience with distributed version control software, e.g. Git - Proven experience of working in a (project)
* Strong interest in modelling and simulation of vehicle dynamic behavior for the development of automated driving systems and functions
* Strong interest in the research and development of next generation automated driving systems and functions
Additional qualities for our upcoming Medior Controls engineer;
* 3 - 10 years of experience (Medior > 3 years) in the field of Vehicle Control and/or ADAS system development in the automotive (related) industry (research and advanced engineering) preferably also experience in Systems Engineering
* Proven track record in Control and preferably ADAS systems or Vehicle Dynamics
* Have a scientific track record with publications and contributions to conferences is an asset
Your personal skills:
* Pro-active, able to work independently, well organized, team oriented and result driven
* Convincing communication skills, good understanding of related fields
* Good knowledge of the English language, German is an advantage
* Willing to travel (for customer visits or testing)
* From a Medior Engineer we expect the ambition to develop a reputation as a leading expert
* Project proposals writing skills
Orion Engineering is active in a broad range of technical disciplines. We have been a reliable partner for our well-known customers for over 25 years. Through our individual approach we offer you a chance to develop yourself within an organization and propel your career to the next level! You will be employed by Orion Engineering and seconded to our customer.
Please send your application and motivation by using the "apply button" below. If your are curious to learn more about the opportunities Orion Engineering can offer you, please contact Sander Huls (+31631049877, +31402116777 or firstname.lastname@example.org), to schedule a personal interview. We are looking forward to meet you personally.