Chapter Lead Mendix DFC (IT)
The world is changing rapidly and our role is changing with it. We are committed to a sustainable, stable and secure financial system. Detecting financial crime is therefore on top of our agenda. Are you a technical expert and enthusiastic person who inspires others to create innovative solutions for the Detecting Financial Crime (DFC) Grid? Then we need your help, in making ABN AMRO a future proof bank in a digital age!
Besides innovation, you are also going to enhance IT craftmanship of your Chapter members. Our employees get the freedom to grow and experiment. You support and guide them, so they can become the technical experts that contribute to a future-proof bank. When and where you and your team do you work, that is up to you! We work hybrid, which means you and your team can flexibly decide where and when you can work most comfortable and effectively.
As a Chapter Lead you contribute to a sustainable bank by focussing on innovating your department, by staying up-to-date on the latest developments and by mentoring your team members to become technical experts. Working at ABN AMRO means that you contribute to projects that matter and that impact millions of customers! Are you up for the challenge?
As Chapter Lead, you will combine working as an IT specialist in Mendix with your role as Lead. About 60 percent of the time you will work in your own team on refining, analysing, designing, developing, testing, maintaining and realizing good quality and future proof IT solutions. The rest of the time you will work as chapter lead. This includes:
- Educating yourself and others with the right technical capabilities and the latest innovations in Mendix and Azure.
- Mentoring your Chapter members on technical craftsmanship and personal development.
- Actively participating in knowledge gaining and sharing by joining triangles, circles, communities and events. Furthermore, focus on proper knowledge dissemination across the teams, pushing the limits of our technology and focussing on holistic solutions.
- Proper alignment with stakeholders. This includes, informing leadership on the alignment you have with the Solution Engineer on the technological landscape and lifecycle. Furthermore you ensure a current stack and room for innovation on the backlog by discussing this with the Product Owners.
- Comply and advocate the Agile, DevOps mindset.
- Judge profiles, do interviews, and evaluate technical assessments to ensure that new employees with the same standards are properly onboarded.
- Create and foster a healthy working environment and a holistic culture for your Chapter.
Your work environment
At ABN AMRO, we want to be a personal bank in a digital age. That strategy is also brought to life through how we work ourselves. We therefore want hybrid working to become the norm in our organisation. Working within DFC means working at an organizational unit that is in full development and has grown strongly in the past year. In addition to your daily work, things such as (personal) development, vitality, inspiration, pleasure and involvement are important. All this contributes to the fact that we can continue to build a successful organization together with you. We expressly expect you to set an example for the team. Stimulating and enthusing your team members is part of this.
We are a diverse team with team members of different ages, from different countries and from different backgrounds. The language of instruction is generally English. We organize ourselves in an agile / scrum way. We are a full-fledged DevOps team. A team that takes full responsibility for every step in the development and maintenance process of our IT systems; from requirements management to software maintenance. We strive to automate our processes as much as possible and to constantly look for opportunities to improve our systems and work, while we have fun. As Chapter Lead, you will work in a fast paced and accessible environment. We love to share knowledge and to challenge each other.
You feel at home in a technical environment and are always up-to-date on latest technologies. At the same time, you are people minded and a tactful inspirator. You get enthusiastic from creative and innovative solutions, inspiring others to get started with these new opportunities. Furthermore, you constantly look to push the boundaries of new possibilities.
- Are a hero in Mendix
- Lead by example
- Coaching is your middle name
- Breath DevOps and agile
- Experience with CICD
- Excellent in analytical thinking
- Creative and problem-solving mind
- Good interpersonal communications: Presenting solutions, coaching and helping team members
Got your attention?
If you find this story interesting and fitting to your expectations and qualifications, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org or apply to the vacancy.
Equal opportunities for all
The success of our organisation depends on the quality of our people and the ideas that they have. Truly surprising insights and innovative solutions for our clients result from an interplay of cultures, knowledge and experience. Diversity is therefore extremely important to our organisation. To ensure that everyone at ABN AMRO can develop their talents, we encourage an inclusive culture in which all colleagues feel engaged and appreciated.
Disclaimer external recruitment agencies
External recruitment agencies need to have a signed agreement with ABN AMRO BANK N.V., executed by a Talent Acquisition Specialist, when submitting a resume to a vacancy. In addition, a recruitment agency can only submit a resume when invited by a Talent Acquisition Specialist to join the search for a right candidate. All unsolicited resumes sent to us will be considered property of ABN AMRO BANK N.V. In this case, ABN AMRO will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.