We offer an opportunity you simply won’t find anywhere else. In just one year, Mileway has grown into Europe’s leader in last mile real estate, with a 250-strong team and over twenty offices in ten countries.
The mission of the data & analytics team is to make Mileway a data driven organization and therefore we want to make every employee part of the Mileway data citizen. Every Mileway employee will be empowered with data to drive their decision making and will be equipped with the right set data and tools to use data in their day to day decision making.
For the Data & Analytics team we’re looking for a Business Intelligence (Tableau) Developer to translate Mileway’s real estate portfolio data in to meaningful insights and actions. You will be part of a SCRUM team that is responsible for the delivery of new information products (dashboards, reports). You will also be a data coach that supports the business with their Self Service BI platform that the team provides. You’ll find plenty of room for growth and an exceptional amount of scope to define your own position and build a best-in-class BI function.
The candidate we’re looking for will be a high skilled BI (Tableau) developer and expert on visualizing data with an eagle eye for detail. You need to be a collaborator who can see the bigger picture, understand the needs of diverse stakeholders (asset management, finance, sales & marketing) and translate them into actionable information products.
Working at Mileway
In just more than a year, Mileway has grown into Europe’s leader in last mile real estate, with a 380-strong team and over twenty offices in ten European countries.
Mileway started out to be a different kind of real estate company. As an audacious newcomer, we’re setting things up the way we always wanted them, like our cloud-based IT infrastructure and our team’s ability to flex across borders, combining the best of local knowledge with the pooled expertise of a pan-European business. And in 2020, we picked up an EGI Industrial and Logistics Innovator award.
Like most people in Europe just now, you’ll be working from home until it’s considered safe to return to work. Following this, your home base will be our dynamic offices in Amsterdam. We’ll equip you with a state-of-the-art technology package that helps you keep in touch, wherever you are. That doesn’t mean we need you 24/7. We expect you’ll work hard and also that you’ll need some downtime. Respect for your personal life is key to keeping our team happy and our batteries charged.
What you’ll do
• Gather input and requirements from stakeholders across the business
• Work with our BI vendor and data back-end team to prototype and develop information products
• Create best-in-class reporting that brings BI to the heart of our business. Your insights will enable Finance and Asset Management Analysis to discuss scenarios about how the market will develop. For example, you may be asked to model how the cash flow of a real estate complex develops in current, ideal and deteriorating market conditions, with the plausibility of each situation, based on data from the past.
• Perform analysis based on data profiling and data prototypes
• Design and build Financial and Asset management dashboards and reports in collaboration with Financial Planning & Analysis and SPA departments
• Be an ambassador and educator on the function of business intelligence and the Tableau environment. Train users to get the best out of reports. Advocate and model data-driven decision making. Coach them in how to create value out of the data
What you’ll bring
• Your passion for data analytics. You work accurately and with close attention to detail.
• At least 5 years’ experience as a BI Specialist of BI Developer with Tableau. You can show us how you put data analytics on the map in the organisations you’ve worked with in the past.
• Your vision and curiosity about market development in the field of data. You’re ready to build reporting that’s best in class for today, but you also have an eye on the potential of new technologies like machine learning and artificial intelligence.
• Your leadership skills. Colleagues value your structured approach and your ability to connect people around your passion for data. You’ll be comfortable leading a group of business specialists to deliver great quality results quickly .
• Your degree (HBO) in a relevant field
• Your knowledge of the best software and tools on the market for data management and data quality. In particular, you’ll bring expertise and passion for Tableau software. You know it inside out, and you’re able to problem solve and guide others.
• Experience in real-estate and asset management is an advantage.
We offer an opportunity you simply won’t find anywhere else. Mileway is primed for explosive growth, and by joining us in our very first year of business, you can be there on the ground.