(Associate) Import / Export Analyst
(Associate) Import/Export Analyst
For our location in Heerlen, The Netherlands
Careers that Change Lives
We are looking for an Import/Export Analyst to join the EMEA Trade Compliance team of Medtronic. Trade compliance is the process and system of understanding and adhering to trade laws and regulations controlling all imports and exports. Medtronic is committed to ensuring Trade Compliant processes and standard controls are in place in line with both the Medtronic Global Trade Compliance standard and the European Authorized Economic Operator (AEO) status.
The person who will take this role will play a key role in a Trade compliant and timely delivery of our products to both the DC’s and the patients within the EMEA countries.
A Day in the Life
The Import and Export Analyst will be the first point of contact for both internal and external stakeholders - providing guidance in “exceptional cases” on all customs related questions by managing the general mailbox of the EMEA Trade Compliance team.
Through research, data mining, analysis and reporting you will be supporting initiatives in the field of broker management, customs master data (classification - origin - value), projects, process development and internal audits.
Success in this role will require a positive and pro-active mindset. Managing exceptions requires affinity with networking and linking Trade Compliance processes to other business processes. Success also requires a hands-on attitude to create awareness and implement compliance in the business processes. The analyst will not only be responsible for providing guidance but will also have responsibilities during execution and auditing afterwards.
Your main tasks and responsibilities include:
• Provide guidance to internal and external stakeholders on all Customs related matters. We work on exception-based management.
• Responsible to utilize SAP GTS to support day-to-day shipment transaction inquiries.
• Support import/export broker management through KPI management, metrics reporting, and day-to-day interaction and assistance. Ensuring our preferred brokers adhere to the agreed Standard Operating Procedures.
• Ensuring the correctness and completeness of Master data: CN classification, non-preferential origin determination and value for customs purposes.
• Support in daily CN classification management.
• Support in BTI applications.
• Perform audits on customs declarations filed by brokers.
• Assist in AEO governance, monitoring and continuous process improvement
• Support trade compliance reporting, data mining, analytics and metrics reporting.
• Support documentation of import/export trade operations written procedures, process flows and work instructions to ensure corporate compliance.
• Support import reconciliation and assist in preparation of post entry adjustment and remediation.
• Support import/export internal compliance audits and reporting results.
• Conduct restricted party screening and documenting due diligence.
• Assist in remediating trade compliance issues and as necessary, including supporting specific tasks within project plans.
• Support reporting from monthly Customs data to support management and operational needs.
• Support the development of PowerPoint presentations, process documentation and other training materials.
• Bachelor degree (preferred degrees within International Trade, Business administration, Customs or Law);
• Being a certified declarant or having similar work experience;
• Min 3 years of relevant working experience;
• Problem solving, innovation, critical thinking skills;
• Excellent written, interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills;
• Experience in data analytics
o Proficient with MS Excel – data analysis, VLOOKUP, data manipulation, pivot tables, formulas and macros
o Proficient with MS Access – data entry, data relationships, importing and exporting to Excel, and reporting
• Experience in trade compliance within one of the Emerging Market Regions in Middle East, Africa and Central Asia, and/or within several countries in these regions
• Understanding of EU CN classification including, amongst others, Harmonized System, WCO explanatory notes and BTI rulings
Nice to haves
• Honest team player with a positive attitude a pro- active and open mindset, not discouraged easily and stress resistant;
• Eager to learn, eager to share knowledge, not happy with status quo;
• Experience in the medical device industry is a plus;
• Knowledge of SAP Global Trade Services (GTS) is a plus;
• Well-developed priority management and planning skills combined with an eye for detail, strong analytical, administrative and organizational skills;
• Self-motivated and possess ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced and changing environment;
• To be familiar with Regulatory, Logistics and Supply Chain is a plus.
To be successful in this role you are a team player with a hands-on mentality. You are result and quality orientated. You are strong in mastering and visualizing complex end to end processes and understand the connection between data elements. You are flexible and supportive to change. You have a strong affinity with systems.
In our 5th Tenet of our Mission we recognize the personal worth of employees by providing an employment framework that allows personal satisfaction in work accomplished, security, advancement opportunity, and means to share in the company's success.
Also a competitive package is of course part of that. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package to all our employees:
• Flexible working environment;
• Annual Incentive Plan % depending on company results;
• Pension scheme and group discount on healthcare insurances;
• Training possibilities via Cornerstone/Harvard Manage Monitor/GetAbstract;
• Employee Assistance Program and Recognize! (our global recognition program).
Is this the position you were waiting for? Then please apply directly via the apply button!
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be. We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team.
Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Founded in 1949 as a medical repair company, we're now among the world's largest medical technology, services and solutions companies, employing more than 86,000 people worldwide, serving physicians, hospitals and patients in over 155 countries.
Whatever your specialty or ambitions, you can make a difference at Medtronic - both in the lives of others and your own career. Join us in our commitment to take healthcare Further, Together .